Wednesday, October 13, 2010

THE PROFILE PICTURE :)

 (can this REALLY happen in reality???)




 THE PROFILE PICTURE





Only Destiny can tell the right time, right place and the right person for us. And how would we know it? That is what we don’t know. Sometimes there are people who haven’t seen the person who truly loves them and same with the person they will love the most. They give more attention to things that are irrelevant to love, maybe, because they’ve already forgot how to love. One of these kind of person is Rachelle Delos Santos or let’s just simply call her Che – a simple, loving and God fearing person. And the only thing she do in life is to work, work for her family. Her family is what she always think about.


One day, Che and her friend Jane was talking.
“Che, we’ve been friends for so long now but I haven’t heard since then that you’ve had a boyfriend. When do you plan on having one? When your hair is already white? When your skin is wrinkled? Che! Your 26 years old for crying out loud!!!” said Jane.
Che is silent and didn’t pay attention to what Jane is saying.
“Why don’t you try chatting, maybe you’ll meet Mr. Right there?” added Jane.
Che had a second thought on what Jane said.
“right, maybe I should take a rest and find something that would make me happy” she muttered to herself.
Until she went home and before going to bed, she was thinking ‘bout what her friend said.
She was laying down in the bed already when she thought of getting up. She sat in front of her computer and wait for it to open up. She thought of making a “facebook account”. Being very busy with all the work and stuff, she doesn’t have much time to make one, so now is her opportunity to make one. Without the knowledge of her friend Jane, she uses Jane’s picture as her profile picture.
The night after, Che opened her facebook account and find that someone has added her as a friend. She immediately accepted the friend request and after split seconds a message appear. It was from the guy who added her.
The message says:
“Hi I’m George Concepcion. You?”
Then Che replied:
“I’m Rachelle Delos Santos but you can call me ‘Che’ for short.”
The two talked through facebook until they get to know each other more deeply. They ask things about each other. Everyday Che is in front of the computer, but not to do work, but to open her facebook account and talk to George.
George didn’t know that Che’s profile picture is not her real appearance.
“You’re beautiful” George said.
“ thanks.” Che replied.

One month surpass and the two continued to get to know each other more and more. Until both of them little by little fall in love with each other. Sometimes, when they were talking, George mentioned that he wanted to see Che personally. While on the other hand, Che can’t think of what she would answer to George, because her profile picture was a big lie.
With George’s perseverance to Che, she agreed to see him even though the situation is very tough for her.
Eventually, Che can’t think of anything else because she can’t take off her mind about her date with George, the day they will meet and how would he tell George about the whole truth.
 Until the day of their date arrives. They’ve agreed that on that day, George would be wearing red polo shirt and Che would wear a pink shirt.
George arrived first at their meeting place. A few minutes later, Che arrived but she didn’t go to where George is. She went to a position where she can spot George.
As she saw him, he was all alone wearing that red polo shirt and seems to be waiting for someone.
“Should I go for it? Should I talk to him? How in this world could I explain everything?” She worriedly murmured to herself.
When she gained enough confidence, she instantly walk to George and talk to him.
“Excuse me, are you George Concepcion?” asked Che.
“Yeah! I am, why?” said George wondering.
 “Well, I’m Jane. I’m a Friend of Che. She told me about you, and she ask me to see you here because she can’t make it, she was so busy taking care of their family gathering.” Explained Che pretending as Jane.
Without knowledge about the truth, George didn’t know that the girl in front of her is the real Rachelle delos Santos.
“ah really? I was so excited to meet her now, too bad she can’t make it. Anyways, there’s always next time. Have you eaten your lunch already?” said George with sadness.
So George invited Che to eat in a famous restaurant. They had a very pleasant conversation. They talked about each other’s life.
“how many years have you been friends with Che?” asked George.
“We’ve been friends since grade school.” Che answered.
“oh, it’s been so long now. How many boyfriend did she have in the past?” asked George.
“hmmm.. we’ve been friends for so long now but ever since, I haven’t heard that she had a boyfriend. There are a lot of guys who courted her before, but she doesn’t really plan on having one. I just don’t know now if that plan had changed.” explained Che.
“So that is why, do you think I got a shot on her?” asked George.
“hmm.. I don’t know. Maybe there is.”  Answered Che.
“Excuse me for a second, I’ll just go to the comfort room.” Said Che.
Che left George for a minute, and while at the comfort room..
“My situation is very hard, should I tell him already? I don’t think so, I need to know him first extremely. Then, I will tell him the whole truth. I’ve already started this, so why back out now.” Said Che to herself.
Che came back to George and said..
“Well George I need to go. I have tons of places I need to go to.                                                 
It’s so nice meeting you.” Said Che.
 “Do you want me to accompany you?” insist George.
“No thanks, I don’t wanna bother you at all. I’ll tell Che about our conversation. Thanks for the lunch.” Said Che.
 “It’s okey. Nice meeting you too. If you really don’t want, ok, I won’t force you.” answered George.
Outside the restaurant, they bid each other goodbye.
 Che was so happy about her almost date with George. She really don’t want to end it early but she did because she was so afraid and tensed that George may find out the truth. When she got home, she opened the computer and logged in her facebook account, she was so excited to talk to George, unfortunately George is not online. Che felt sad and her happiness disappear.
“Why is George offline? I know he’s always online anytime of the day.” Doubted che.
Che was online all day waiting for George to go online but unfortunately, George wasn’t online that whole day. The next day, after arriving from work, che instantly opened her facebook account to see if George is online, but he wasn’t. Until she thought of sending George a message.
“George, what happened to you? Why haven’t you signed in yet? Sorry if I wasn’t able to meet you. I’m really sorry, hope you understand.” Said che to her message.
Che was worried about George, he was offline for almost a whole week now after they’re meet up. Which George believe that the real Rachelle Delos Santos didn’t arrived.
“What happened to him? Maybe I was wrong for what I did?” muttered che to herself.
Even if she wanted to hide it, che has really fallen in love with George. She thinks of him everyday, she can’t stop thinking why George doesn’t go online anymore. And she doesn’t want to open her account anymore, until one day..
“Jeez, this is the last time that I will open my account, if George is not online now, I won’t open my account anymore.” Said che to herself.
Until she saw that George is online now..
“hey, how are you? You made me worry about you. Why haven’t you been online for a long time? Why just now?” said che to George
 It took long time for George to reply, unlike before that he instantly replies..
“Sorry, I’ve been so busy with things. Maybe after 2 months I will left. Sorry I wasn’t able to tell you earlier.” Answered George.
“what? Where are you going?” asked che, surprised.
“I’m going to America, my parents asked me to lived there with them.” Answered George.
Che felt sad for what George said, she wasn’t able to reply instantly. And she changed the topic of their conversation.
“Sorry I wasn’t able to arrive at our meet up.” said Che.

“it’s ok, your friend Jane arrived and I get to meet her. We’ve talked about almost everything. And she’s also kind like you.” said George
“ah, yes, she’s really kind.” Said che, happily.
Che was happy again because things between her and George are back to the way they were before. They are always talking to each other. One time, George asked again Che to meet him. Like before, the scenario was the same. The friend that George meets is the fake Jane.
“why does she always ask you to meet me? Doesn’t she wanna see me? Does she hate me?” asked George.
“she was really sorry, she said there was an emergency with her mom. She need to be with her for her check up.” Explained che.
“it’s ok, if I just knew that you were the one to show up here, I should have asked you instead of her. And if I just met you earlier than her, I would have fallen for you and not to her.” Said George.
Che was shocked with what George said, she wasn’t able to talk back.
“please excuse me, I need to go to the comfort room.” Said che.
In an unexpected twist of faith, the real Jane was on the same restaurant with them. And George accidentally bumped to Jane .
“Sorry miss.” Said George.
“it’s okey.” Answered jane.
Suddenly, George stopped, he looked back at Jane recognizing her face.
“hmm.. excuse me, what’s wrong?” asked jane.
“I  know you, you look very familiar. Are you Rachelle Delos Santos?” asked George.
“nope! That’s my friend che. Why?” answered Jane.
“huh? I know its you, it was you on the profile picture.” Said George.
“actually, I’m with your friend Jane. By the way I’m George, your chatmate from facebook.” Added George.
“sorry, I really don’t know you, and I don’t have any idea what you’re talking about. I’m really sorry.” Said jane.

On the other hand, che doesn’t know a thing about what happened with George and jane earlier. While waiting..  
“what took George so long? Maybe something happened again.” She thought to herself.
Meanwhile.. George and jane where talking..
“hmm.. can you bring me to whom you say my friend is.” Said jane.
They went to their place at the restaurant and..
“Che! Why are you here?” asked Jane surprised.
“Jane? George?” asked Che surprised.
“what the heck was this guy talking about me earlier? I just bumped into him and then he started talking like he knows me or something. Said jane.
 “I’ll explain all of this, I’m so sorry,”said Che.
George suddenly left understanding what is happening. Che followed him.
“George! Wait! I can explain everything.” Said che with tears on her eyes.
“you don’t need to explain anything, from what I saw,I knew everything already.” Said George madly. And he completely left che.

 Until now, jane was still schocked with what happened. Che confessed it all to Jane and explain all her lies.
“jane, I’m very sorry for what I did.” Said che to jane.
“friend, you shouldn’t be apologizing to me, you should apologize to George. For sure, you’ve hurt him a lot” Said jane.
After everything that happened, Jane keep on being the nice and understanding friend she was.
 “how can I say sorry? When facebook is the only communication we have. And, maybe he won’t even pay attention to me now.” Said che sadly.
“why not? It’s worth the try.” Advised jane.

Che still can’t believed what happened. When she got home after work, she opened her PC and take a look if George is online. She became even sadder when she saw that George wasn’t online. She even changed her profile picture with her real picture. She send George a message saying:
“George, I’m really sorry, I hope you’ll find it in your heart to forgive me. I really wanna tell you the truth but everything just happened. I know that I’ve done so many wrong things to you. hope you can still forgive me. I’m really really sorry.” Said che to her message.

 It’s been one month after what happened. When the two friends were talking..
“friend, are you ok?” asked jane.
“you know jane, I should’ve said the truth to George in the first place, things wouldn’t turn out like this. I miss chatting and seeing him.” Said che.
“you’ve really fallen for that guy my friend. Your beautiful, but why do you have to use my picture, you should have used yours.” Said jane.
“believe me friend, I’ve regretted it. I just hope he forgives me.” Said che.
“let’s open your facebook account, maybe he’s online or he already replied to your message.” Said jane.
“I hope so.” Said che.
They opened the computer and che’s facebook account. They didn’t see any reply from George and he is also offline at that time. Later, after one hour, someone send a message.
“hey che! Look, there’s a message, let’s open it.” Said jane.
It took long before the message was opened because the net connection wasn’t stable enough. When it opened, they saw that it’s from George saying:
“che, I’ve been thinking , I’m also wrong. What I did was wrong, I should’ve not just left you that day. I should’ve listen to your explanation, sorry. Can I see you again?” said George.
After reading the message, che’s face was full of happiness, she’s even teary eyed because of the joy she was feeling.
“it’s good that he forgave me after what I’ve done. And I get to see him again” happily said che.

After a minute, George send a message to che. They talked about when and where would they meet. They agreed to meet on the same restaurant where they first met.
On their reunited meet up, che didn’t know what to do. She was very happy and excited to see George again. She arrived first on the restaurant. She thought that George wouldn’t arrived because she’s been waiting for so long. Moments later, George arrived at the restaurant.
“che, sorry I made you wait for a long time.” Said George.
“it’s ok, at least you came.” Said che.
Then she hugged George with tears on her eyes. George was surprised, but she hugged che back.
“I know all of this was my fault, thank you for forgiving me and willingly meeting me here.” Sobbed che.
“stop crying. Im also wrong on my part.” Said George.
“che, I need to tell you my feelings. I love you. The real you nothing more nothing less. You as Rachelle delos Santos.” Added George.
Che was shocked with what she heard.
“I love you too George.” Whispered che to George.

After that day, George and che love each other more deeply. They’re together for so long now. George’s plan to go to America carry on. Che was left in the Philippines, but after one year, she followed George there. They continue their relationship there. And after months when che arrived at America, they got married and build their own family. They are now happy with their two children. They had a prosperous life and strong relationship. And this is where my (by my.. i mean my translated story) short story end entitled “ the profile picture”.

“sometimes, only destiny can say to whom we should end up with. If that person was really meant for us, then destiny will find a way. If not, there are a lot of opportunities to find that person meant for us. You can’t hurry fate all the time and so as love. There are things that we regret, things we regret from the heart. Sometimes, regret is always at the end, it often follow if we made wrong decisions. Let us always remember that we can only live once this world, so we need to make things right while we are living. Because sometimes, you cannot make the wrong things right again, that may lead us to regret it forever.”


translated by: ME :)
not really my story, a friend just asked me to translate it in English.
can this REALLY happen in reality?? i mean, in our generation now??
i sort of, can't believe.. maybe if it happens to me or  to someone very close to me I'll believe :)
but one thing's for sure, i do believe in LOVE and its MAGIC :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment