Sunday, October 24, 2010

first time voter :)

YEP! I'm a first time voter. I wasn't able to vote last national election because unfortunately I can't find my name on the list. We even ask help from a PPCRV volunteer to find my name, but they didn't find it in the computer (sadly).

But after  a while, my dad came and told me that he found my name. The line was crazy, its so long, there are like 3 rooms full of people sitting and waiting, and the line's boundary was already outside the school's building. Plus, its 5o'clock already in the afternoon, voting ends by 6pm. If we just find my name earlier, I would've voted, I didn't even get a chance to try the PCOS machine (aww). 

Anyways, today's election was not that crowded. I just voted earlier and it only took me like 3-4 minutes(fast right). Maybe because a lot of people think that this election mean nothing that's why it wasn't so crowded and maybe because they thought being back to manual voting is hard. I say: Even though its manual, people should still vote or even though its just barangay elections, people should stand up for their rights. For those who didn't vote today, there's only one word I can say you are so "SHALLOW" .

 Shallow reasons, shallow excuses, shallow people. People who don't care about his surroundings, people who's selfish enough to care just for himself.

This country doesn't need these kind of citizens because if these citizens really care, the government wouldn't be promoting and encouraging people to go out and vote.

If we really are aiming for a better Philippines, then let us all exercise our rights to vote. Let us do small things to help our country. Cause in every small things (in our own little way) we do for our country, Philippines is getting a lil bit closer in being better, and someday much better than before and maybe best. :)

They say.. "After a hundred years, Philippines can be a 1st world country"
I say.. "Everyday, let us make small things in our own lil way to improve our country"

Filipinos viven!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment